Brush fire breaks out in rural Banning
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- A small brush fire in a rugged, steep terrain in Banning spread to at least 50 acres on Saturday, officials said.
The blaze was first reported at 6:10 p.m. It was burning near Old Idyllwild Road and Shirleon Drive was 0 percent contained by 10:30 p.m.
No injuries were immediately reported and no structures were threatened, officials said.
More than 230 firefighters were at the scene.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
No further details were available.
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 44 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 38 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis