Banning wild fire sparked by shooting - officials
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- A shooting sparked a wildfire in a remote area in Banning, officials confirmed on Sunday.
Authorities say the shooting occurred near Old Banning-Idyllwild Road at Shirleon Drive.
The blaze, which broke out Saturday night, has blacked 280 acres, according to the Riverside County Fire Department website. The fire has also destroyed two mobile homes and injured three people, including an inmate firefighter.
Several homes were threatened, but no evacuations have been issued.
The fire was 20 percent contained as of Sunday afternoon.
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 27 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 18 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 10 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says