Banning wild fire sparked by shooting - officials
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- A shooting sparked a wildfire in a remote area in Banning, officials confirmed on Sunday.
Authorities say the shooting occurred near Old Banning-Idyllwild Road at Shirleon Drive.
The blaze, which broke out Saturday night, has blacked 280 acres, according to the Riverside County Fire Department website. The fire has also destroyed two mobile homes and injured three people, including an inmate firefighter.
Several homes were threatened, but no evacuations have been issued.
The fire was 20 percent contained as of Sunday afternoon.
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 46 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 3 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
34 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
27 min ago