Brush fire closes I-5 lanes near Castaic Lake
CASTAIC LAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- A brush fire burning approximately 10 miles north of Castaic Lake next to the 5 Freeway prompted lane closures Monday afternoon.
The fire had burned about 50 acres and was 55 percent contained at 6:30 p.m.
Northbound lanes of the Interstate 5 Freeway were closed due to smoke and fire in the area. Lanes were later opened, but one northbound lane was expected to remain closed until 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The closure was between Templin Highway and Vista Del Lago Road on the east side of the freeway. The fire was burning about halfway between Castaic Lake and Pyramid Lake.
The fire began near Paradise Ranch Road. The fire began when a tractor-trailer caught fire on the side of the freeway and spread to the surrounding brush.
A mobile home park was briefly threatened by flames but was not evacuated. A gun club nearby was evacuated as a precaution.
Winds were relatively mild.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area 6 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report