Castaic fire: Containment expected by day's end
CASTAIC, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters hope to fully contain a brush fire that closed one lane of the northbound 5 Freeway near Templin Highway in Castaic.
A tractor-trailer caught fire on the side of the freeway and quickly spread to dry vegetation in hot weather. Flames scorched 50 acres.
The fire is 80 percent contained, and full containment was expected by the end of the day. There were no open flames, but crews were watching for flare-ups in the burn area.
No damage or injuries were reported.
Fire officials are concerned about the early start to wildfire season. They say the hills don't usually see these dry and hot conditions until July.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed 57 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book