Castaic fire: Containment expected by day's end
CASTAIC, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters hope to fully contain a brush fire that closed one lane of the northbound 5 Freeway near Templin Highway in Castaic.
A tractor-trailer caught fire on the side of the freeway and quickly spread to dry vegetation in hot weather. Flames scorched 50 acres.
The fire is 80 percent contained, and full containment was expected by the end of the day. There were no open flames, but crews were watching for flare-ups in the burn area.
No damage or injuries were reported.
Fire officials are concerned about the early start to wildfire season. They say the hills don't usually see these dry and hot conditions until July.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role