Powerhouse Fire destroyed 53 structures, including 24 homes
LAKE HUGHES, ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST (KABC) -- The massive Powerhouse Fire destroyed a total of 53 structures, including 24 homes, fire officials said.
These dramatic new figures equal four times the number of homes originally reported as destroyed.
The U.S. Forest Service says crews have been able to revise the damage report, now that there are fewer open flames.
Containment currently stands at 78 percent. The estimated cost to fight the fire has also risen to $11.4 million.
Firefighters say they could have the fire contained by Monday, June 10. They previously said it would be fully contained sometime this week.
fire, brush fire, angeles national forest, wildfire center
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 31 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians