Morongo Reservation-area fire 15 percent contained
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters are battling a wildfire in the Morongo Reservation area in Riverside County.
The fire was reported shortly before noon near Hathaway Canyon and Morongo roads. The fire quickly spread to 1,500 acres by Sunday night.
According to San Bernardino National Forest officials, the fire was burning towards San Gorgonio Wilderness, but no evacuations were in place.
The Hathaway fire was 15 percent contained by 11 p.m., and no structures were threatened.
Fire officials said 400 firefighters were battling the fire. There was no word on the cause of the blaze.
brush fire, fire, wildfire center
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments