Morongo Reservation-area fire 15 percent contained
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters are battling a wildfire in the Morongo Reservation area in Riverside County.
The fire was reported shortly before noon near Hathaway Canyon and Morongo roads. The fire quickly spread to 1,500 acres by Sunday night.
According to San Bernardino National Forest officials, the fire was burning towards San Gorgonio Wilderness, but no evacuations were in place.
The Hathaway fire was 15 percent contained by 11 p.m., and no structures were threatened.
Fire officials said 400 firefighters were battling the fire. There was no word on the cause of the blaze.
brush fire, fire, wildfire center
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast 4 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 13 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians