Yucaipa brush fire 20 percent contained
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters were battling a 534-acre brush fire in San Bernardino County between Mentone and Yucaipa Saturday.
The blaze, dubbed the Mill Fire, burned near Highway 38 and was 20 percent contained as of Saturday.
Despite the heat, firefighters were attacking the fast-moving fire which started Friday.
As crews made progress on the wildfire burning in Yucaipa, people who were evacuated were allowed to return to their homes.
One home was damaged, but officials said the fire was contained to the attic.
Officials said the fire slowed as it headed south, away from homes.
Firefighters were keeping a close eye on hot spots to make sure the brush fire wouldn't grow further. The fire was expected to be fully contained Sunday.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
brush fire, fire, san bernardino county, wildfire center
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 40 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants