Yucaipa brush fire 20 percent contained
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters were battling a 534-acre brush fire in San Bernardino County between Mentone and Yucaipa Saturday.
The blaze, dubbed the Mill Fire, burned near Highway 38 and was 20 percent contained as of Saturday.
Despite the heat, firefighters were attacking the fast-moving fire which started Friday.
As crews made progress on the wildfire burning in Yucaipa, people who were evacuated were allowed to return to their homes.
One home was damaged, but officials said the fire was contained to the attic.
Officials said the fire slowed as it headed south, away from homes.
Firefighters were keeping a close eye on hot spots to make sure the brush fire wouldn't grow further. The fire was expected to be fully contained Sunday.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
brush fire, fire, san bernardino county, wildfire center
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut