Crews make progress on Yucaipa brush fire
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters have made progress on a 534-acre brush fire in San Bernardino County between Mentone and Yucaipa.
Dubbed the Mill Fire, the blaze was 85 percent contained as of 6 a.m. Sunday. That's a significant increase from Saturday, when the blaze was only at 20 percent containment. Full containment is expected by 6 p.m. Sunday.
The blaze erupted Friday and prompted evacuations. Flames are burning near Highway 38. One home was damaged, but officials said the fire was contained to the attic.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
brush fire, fire, san bernardino county, wildfire center
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack 27 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 39 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer 23 min ago
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
12 min ago