Sycamore Canyon fire fueled by wind; nearly 300 acres charred
RIVERSIDE (KABC) -- Winds fueled a nearly 300-acre brush fire in Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park in the Inland Empire.
The blaze began around 1 p.m. Thursday. More than 100 firefighters battled the flames. One crew member was treated at a local hospital for an unknown injury.
The fire has since been fully contained, but not before it charred 283 acres.
The cause of the blaze was unknown.
fire, wildfire center
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife 6 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions