Bicyclist Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, September 19, 2006 (KABC) -- A suspect in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 23-year-old bicyclist in Beverly Hills turned himself in Tuesday.
Ilia Pankin of Los Angeles died at UCLA Medical Center of injuries he suffered about 7:30 Monday night at Santa Monica and Wilshire boulevards, said Beverly Hills police Sgt. Michael Publicker.
Witnesses told police that "a large dark-colored American sport utility vehicle" struck Pankin, Publicker said. The suspect was described only as a man in his late 20s with dark hair. The vehicle sped off westbound on Wilshire Boulevard. "As a result of the impact, the suspect vehicle would have sustained left side/front end damage," Publicker said.
The suspect turned himself in late Tuesday afternoon. No further details have been released by the police.
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke