Bicyclist Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, September 19, 2006 (KABC) -- A suspect in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 23-year-old bicyclist in Beverly Hills turned himself in Tuesday.
Ilia Pankin of Los Angeles died at UCLA Medical Center of injuries he suffered about 7:30 Monday night at Santa Monica and Wilshire boulevards, said Beverly Hills police Sgt. Michael Publicker.
Witnesses told police that "a large dark-colored American sport utility vehicle" struck Pankin, Publicker said. The suspect was described only as a man in his late 20s with dark hair. The vehicle sped off westbound on Wilshire Boulevard. "As a result of the impact, the suspect vehicle would have sustained left side/front end damage," Publicker said.
The suspect turned himself in late Tuesday afternoon. No further details have been released by the police.
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 2 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 57 min ago
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 46 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 50 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 52 min ago
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour