Bicyclist Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, September 19, 2006 (KABC) -- A suspect in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 23-year-old bicyclist in Beverly Hills turned himself in Tuesday.
Ilia Pankin of Los Angeles died at UCLA Medical Center of injuries he suffered about 7:30 Monday night at Santa Monica and Wilshire boulevards, said Beverly Hills police Sgt. Michael Publicker.
Witnesses told police that "a large dark-colored American sport utility vehicle" struck Pankin, Publicker said. The suspect was described only as a man in his late 20s with dark hair. The vehicle sped off westbound on Wilshire Boulevard. "As a result of the impact, the suspect vehicle would have sustained left side/front end damage," Publicker said.
The suspect turned himself in late Tuesday afternoon. No further details have been released by the police.
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 30 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 24 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 37 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)