Puppy trapped under car rescued in Fla.
MIAMI (KFSN) -- A puppy needed help after getting caught in a very tight spot under a car in hot temperatures in Miami on Monday.
The puppy had crawled under a car, only to get stuck beneath the engine. Neighbors called 911 after hearing whining.
Rescuers said the puppy's paw was wrenched between some pumps under the car's engine block, and it could not move. Firefighters used a carjack to raise the vehicle, and then pulled the dog out.
It's unknown how long the dog was stuck under the car, but it was hot out, and rescuers say he was dehydrated.
Animal control is now trying to find the puppy's owner.
animal news, caught on tape, bizarre
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 13 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 21 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
14 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos