Eric Manfredi Charged with 46 Counts of Child Porn
A victory for prosecutors charging a Visalia man with dozens of counts of child pornography happened in court on Wednesday. n Tuesday, in Fresno, an appellate court decided that prosecutors can now charge Eric Manfredi with 46 counts of possessing and manufacturing child pornography.
The decision goes against a Tulare County court decision to drop the charges to 24 counts after a judge determined that Visalia investigators illegally seized items from Manfredi's house.
In early 2006, police were called to Manfredi's home after he claimed he was the victim of a stabbing. While they were searching the home, police found hours and hours of video that show Eric Manfredi molesting young boys at his house.
Visalia police officials say they are happy with the judge's decision.
Sgt. Shawn Delaney, Visalia Police Dept. says, "The department is pleased with the ruling from the appellate court and we are pleased to see the prosecution move forward on all charges in regards to Mr. Manfredi."
Eric Manfredi will be arraigned on all 46 counts; those include child molestation and possessing and manufacturing child pornography in 30 days.
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather