Three-Year-Old Girl Died of Blunt Force Trauma
KFSN (KFSN) -- A Fresno mother and her boyfriend are in jail Friday accused of murdering a three -year old girl.
Investigators say Erianna Beltran died of blunt force trauma.
Investigators accuse Erianna's own mother and her boyfriend of killing the baby.
Documents filed in court reveal Erianna Beltran suffered injuries all over her body.
Three-year-old Erianna Beltran lived in this Southeast Fresno apartment with her mother Erin Skinner and her boyfriend Mack Lucas.
Lucas' mother tearfully defended her son and his girlfriend
Deanna Mitchell, Suspect's Mother: "They love their kids. This is devastating. Erin is on the verge of losing her mind right now. She's lost her children. She lost her freedom."
Both suspects are 19-years-old.
Investigators said Erianna arrived at Children's Hospital Central California last week.
Court documents indicate ... She was covered with bruises and a bite mark on her right elbow.
Erianna died two days after arriving at the hospital.
Fresno Lieutenant Shannon Galvez declined to say who she believes caused the death.
Galvez: "I can tell you both the mother Erin Skinner and her live in boyfriend Mack Lucas have been booked for the death of the child. They were in sole possession of the child when she suffered the injuries that caused her death."
People who lived near Lucas and Skinner called them great parents.
They never saw signs of child abuse.
Lenon: "I don't think they did it. I don't think so. They were too nice. They were friendly an everything."
Charges have not been filed against the two adults.
Two other children lived in the same apartment with Lucas and Skinner.
Officials say those kids are now in the custody of Child Protective Services.
local, andres araiza
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 41 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 42 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed