Fresno County EOC Clinic Opened its Doors
Fresno, CA (KFSN) -- A new pediatric clinic has opened its doors in Downtown Fresno. Patients began receiving care at the new the Fresno County EOC Clinic.
The clinic-- at R and Tulare Streets-- offers many services, including vision and hearing screenings, asthma treatment, and vaccinations.
Dr. Carmela Sosa, a Pediatrician at the EOC Pediatric Clinic, said, "The pediatric clinic is an effort to reach underinsured children and uninsured children-- to give them a medical home and give them a place to receive quality and pediatric care."
The EOC Pediatric Clinic is open four days a week-- on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
From routine check-ups to sports and camp physicals to vaccinations, Carmela Sosa, M.D. - a Board Certified Pediatrician and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics - and clinic staff are ready to help place children, teens, and young adults up to the age of 21 years on the road to a long, healthy life.
Vision and hearing screenings, diabetes and cholesterol testing, management and treatment for acute asthma and evaluations for ADD and ADHD are among the multitude of services offered. Early screening for autism is also performed on all children with Medi-Cal at the age of nine-months, 18 months, and again between 2 - 2 ½ years of age.
Appointments can be made by calling (559) 499-1621. Medi-Cal, Health Net, Blue Cross EHS, and Child Health and Disability Prevention Program (CHDP) are accepted.
health insurance, health care, fresno downtown, health watch
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos