Free Income Tax Service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is offering help to individuals and families with incomes less than $50,000. This free tax preparation service is a program of United Way of Fresno County in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and community based organizations.
The program offers 30 VITA sites in Fresno and Tulare Counties that will be staffed by 280 volunteers who are IRS trained and certified tax preparers. VITA volunteers ensure individuals and families claim all eligible tax credits to maximize their total refund. VITA volunteers e-file tax returns so individuals and families receive their refunds quickly.
The 30 VITA sites are located in neighborhoods throughout Fresno and Tulare Counties at community organizations, schools, churches and some government agencies.
fresno county, united way, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder 44 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 13 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos