Free Income Tax Service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is offering help to individuals and families with incomes less than $50,000. This free tax preparation service is a program of United Way of Fresno County in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and community based organizations.
The program offers 30 VITA sites in Fresno and Tulare Counties that will be staffed by 280 volunteers who are IRS trained and certified tax preparers. VITA volunteers ensure individuals and families claim all eligible tax credits to maximize their total refund. VITA volunteers e-file tax returns so individuals and families receive their refunds quickly.
The 30 VITA sites are located in neighborhoods throughout Fresno and Tulare Counties at community organizations, schools, churches and some government agencies.
fresno county, united way, local
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 14 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit 32 min ago
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos