Free Income Tax Service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is offering help to individuals and families with incomes less than $50,000. This free tax preparation service is a program of United Way of Fresno County in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service and community based organizations.
The program offers 30 VITA sites in Fresno and Tulare Counties that will be staffed by 280 volunteers who are IRS trained and certified tax preparers. VITA volunteers ensure individuals and families claim all eligible tax credits to maximize their total refund. VITA volunteers e-file tax returns so individuals and families receive their refunds quickly.
The 30 VITA sites are located in neighborhoods throughout Fresno and Tulare Counties at community organizations, schools, churches and some government agencies.
fresno county, united way, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases