Mr. Food: Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Mr. Food -- The convenience of our supermarket rotisserie chicken makes for a wonder soul-soothing Chicken & Wild Rice Soup. This homemade comfort in a bowl can be on your table in no time!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
5 cups water
1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix, seasoning packet reserved
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add water, seasoning packet from the rice, plus the broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil then stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
mr. food, mr. food
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 46 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?