Mr. Food: Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Mr. Food -- The convenience of our supermarket rotisserie chicken makes for a wonder soul-soothing Chicken & Wild Rice Soup. This homemade comfort in a bowl can be on your table in no time!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
5 cups water
1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix, seasoning packet reserved
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add water, seasoning packet from the rice, plus the broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil then stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
mr. food, mr. food
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 33 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 12 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 28 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos