Fresno City Council Election Results
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four Fresno City Council seats were up for grabs Tuesday night, and it appears two of those races are headed to a runoff.
Incumbent Blong Xiong beat Lawrence Cano by a two to one margin in the District One race.
In district three, Mike Briggs and Oliver Baines are the top two vote getters with 28 and 22 percent. They're headed for a runoff in November.
The hotly contested race in Fresno's District Five saw eight candidates looking to take over for Councilman Mike Dages -- and then it was down to three -- with the top two making it into a runoff. Sitting with 28-percent of the vote is former City Councilman Sal Quintero. The race for second is tight between Louise Bauer-Davoli and Valerie Davis. Right now only four votes separate the two candidates. Fresno County Clerk Victor Salazar says there are still many absentee votes that haven't been counted. He has 28 days to certify the election and determine who will be in this runoff election.
Two newcomers squared off in the District Seven Fresno City Council race. Clint Olivier beat out Marcelino Valdez holding a commanding lead over his opponent Marcelino Valdez. Olivier received 63-percent of the votes while Valdez received 37-percent. Olivier will take over for Henery T. Perea who termed out as City Councilman.
election day, fresno, politics
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 13 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies