Prison Escape in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An inmate in a Fresno County Prison escaped Saturday morning and now corrections officers are looking for him.
The Pleasant Valley State Prison is located in Coalinga.
Officers at the prison say 24-year-old Antonio Jaureque was in prison for a parole violation on a vehicle theft.
He was being housed in a minimum security area outside of the of the prison's secure perimeter with roughly 150 other inmates.
Prison officials are continuing to search the area around the prison for Jaureque.
He's listed at six feet tall, roughly 200 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 33 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 1 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos