A Clovis murder-suicide leaves three girls parentless
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned more about the relationship between the man and woman who died in a murder-suicide early Tuesday morning in Clovis.
Three young girls are without parents now. Clovis Police received the call for help shortly before 1:00 a.m. at Music near Bullard -- less than one block away from police headquarters.
Neighbors said the suspect was a good father and husband to be. Residents and friends told us 25-year-old Hugo Anzaldo just proposed to his girlfriend and mother of his three children.
Investigators said he used a pistol grip shotgun to kill her and then turned the gun on himself. Detectives recovered the legal black pistol grip shotgun used in Tuesday morning's murder-suicide in Clovis.
Investigators said Hugo Anzaldo shot and killed his 25-year-old fiancée Graciela Rodriguez.
Neighbor Sylvia Calderon said, "It's pretty shocking. It's out of character. They seemed very happy."
Pablo Sanchez, a church friend said, "As far as we could see, normal."
The couple had three children. They were with their grandmother at the time of the shooting. Action News learned they were seven, five and two-years old. This birthday banner was up to celebrate the youngest. Boards were cut to seal off the apartment.
"There was a lot of arguing going on, on and off through out the day apparently yesterday escalating in the evening hours and this was the result," said Janet Stoll-Lee with the Clovis police department.
Stoll-Lee said 180 cases of domestic abuse have been reported this year to the Clovis Police Department. Last year at this time there were 215. Residents said they never suspected this type of violence would come from their neighborhood.
"Every time we would come they were very nice. They were very courteous with us. They looked really normal. No idea. Not even close," said Sanchez.
Calderon said, "I'm sad to hear this terrible thing happened to somebody so close. It doesn't matter who it happens to but it's terrible that it happened."
Anzaldo's father was in the house at the time of the shooting. He is the one who discovered the bodies and called 911.
The three girls are staying with their grandmother while C.P.S. investigates their well-being.
shooting, crimetracker, clovis, fresno county, local, john-thomas kobos
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 9 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 32 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 39 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos