Small Mayfair party ends in gunfire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Multiple gun shots were heard by neighbors living in the Fresno county Mayfair subdivision early Saturday morning injuring two people.
Detectives are having a difficult time locating suspects.
There are conflicting reports but somewhere between ten and 30 gun shots were fired at this Fresno County home early Saturday morning hitting two people outside.
"The victims were taken out of the area by other individuals and they met with one of our deputies," Sgt. John Zanoni said.
Saturday afternoon the streets were clear but neighbors did not feel like talking about the shooting or if they feel safe in their own yards.
Detectives said those neighbors and party-goers were not cooperative with this investigation.
The mother of the house told Action News off camera that her 19-year-old son started a small party and word quickly spread through text messaging.
Around midnight people were asked to leave, that's when investigators said one, maybe two cars drove by and opened fire at people outside.
"At some point they came back by and fired off numerous rounds," Zanoni said.
A young man and woman were taken to Community Regional Medical Center and are expected to recover.
One of those bullets flew into the house.
"Went through the window of the residence. Fortunately no one was hit by gunfire even though there was numerous people home sleeping," Zanoni said.
Detectives are still looking for suspects.
fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, community regional medical center, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about