Verizon 911 service is down temporarily in the South Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Tulare County Fire Department is alerting South Valley residents they may not be able to make emergency calls from their Verizon cell phones.
Verizon says a fiber optic cable was accidentally cut in the Exeter area earlier Wednesday.
This is causing trouble for home phone customers in the areas of Alpaugh, Lindsay, Exeter and Lemon Cove.
Verizon says it's not sure when the service will be restored.
We'll have an update on this late breaking story as soon as it's available.
alpaugh, lindsay, exeter, south valley, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos