Verizon 911 service is down temporarily in the South Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Tulare County Fire Department is alerting South Valley residents they may not be able to make emergency calls from their Verizon cell phones.
Verizon says a fiber optic cable was accidentally cut in the Exeter area earlier Wednesday.
This is causing trouble for home phone customers in the areas of Alpaugh, Lindsay, Exeter and Lemon Cove.
Verizon says it's not sure when the service will be restored.
We'll have an update on this late breaking story as soon as it's available.
alpaugh, lindsay, exeter, south valley, local
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon 59 min ago
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 9 min ago