Restaurant chains honor Veterans with free food
This Veterans Day some national restaurant chains are honoring our Veterans by giving free food to both active duty and retired military personnel. Be sure to show your military I.D. or proof of service before ordering to avoid any hassles.
Subway: Free 6-inch sub (at participating locations). Hooters: Choose from one of four free "specialty menu items" with the purchase of a drink: Nacho Ordinary Burger, BBQ Sandwich, Baja Burger or Speedway Chicken Sandwich.
Chili's: Pick from six free menu items: Oldtimer with Cheese, Quesadilla Explosion Salad, Margarita Grilled Chicken, Cajun Chicken Pasta, Chicken Crispers or Chicken Club Tacos.
Applebee's: Applebee's expects to serve more than a million free meals this year. The chain's special Veterans Day menu includes the 7-ounce house sirloin, bacon cheeseburger, Three Cheese Chicken Penne, a chicken tenders platter, oriental chicken salad, Fiesta Lime Chicken and Double Crunch Shrimp.
T.G.I. Friday's: T.G.I. Friday's is offering its Veterans Day special from November 11 through November 14: free entrée with purchase of another entrée.
Golden Corral: The chain is celebrating its 10th annual "Military Appreciation Monday" on November 15, which includes a free dinner buffet and beverage.
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe