Fresno homicide suspect turned himself in
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teen suspect wanted in connection to Fresno's latest homicide has turned himself in.
Jesus Melgarejo, 19, surrendered to detectives Friday evening at police headquarters. Just a few hours earlier, police named Melgarejo as a suspect in Tuesday's murder.
Jairo Mendez, 21, was shot and killed in east central Fresno over what police describe as a dispute between rival graffiti tagging crews.
Melgarejo was also named as a suspect in the shooting death of an 18-year-old back in March, that police say was also related to tagging crews.
He was never prosecuted in that case. Police say Melgarejo has an extensive criminal history.
He's now being held at police headquarters.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, homicide, shooting, local
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 36 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 4 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes