Fresno homicide suspect turned himself in
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teen suspect wanted in connection to Fresno's latest homicide has turned himself in.
Jesus Melgarejo, 19, surrendered to detectives Friday evening at police headquarters. Just a few hours earlier, police named Melgarejo as a suspect in Tuesday's murder.
Jairo Mendez, 21, was shot and killed in east central Fresno over what police describe as a dispute between rival graffiti tagging crews.
Melgarejo was also named as a suspect in the shooting death of an 18-year-old back in March, that police say was also related to tagging crews.
He was never prosecuted in that case. Police say Melgarejo has an extensive criminal history.
He's now being held at police headquarters.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, homicide, shooting, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe