Fresno Unified's ATLAS is online
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Unified parents can now check student records online. The district's new program was supposed to be available at the beginning of the semester, now towards the end of the semester officials say it works, but not everyone has access just yet.
The door to access student information is no longer closed off to parents.
That portal is ATLAS, which stands for achievement, technology learning and assessment system. It's been a year and a half since the project was initially rolled out, teachers and parents have complained about problems with the software or that it didn't work at all.
Over the past 6 weeks Fresno Unified has revised the $1.8 million software program nearly a dozen times to make it work for parents. ATLAS project manager Lindsay Sanders says now parents can do more than simply check grades.
Old passwords won't work on the new system, and before parents can log on, district officials say school sites have to go through training first.
Schools will issue nearly 50 to 70 thousand new parent ID's and passwords. Parents should be notified in person, by mail or teleparent.
So far 13 out of 28 middle and high schools have gone through that process. The remaining 15 schools are expected to go through training in the next two weeks.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
education, deshaunta bullock
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos