Well known Fresno MMA fighter arrested in burglary case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say 29-year-old John Reedy is responsible for a string of burglaries in Clovis and Fresno.
In a video posted on YouTube John Reedy is seen here victorious in the MMA octagon. Now the 29-year-old sits in a rectangular jail cell accused of stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth high priced items from eight new and foreclosed homes.
Clovis Police say these photos taken from inside a storage garage show the extent of his crimes at the Harlan Ranch development and surrounding neighborhoods.
"We had vanities. We had lights. We had all kinds of different kitchen appliances. We big flower pots if you will. It was pretty amazing how it all came together." said Clovis Police spokesperson Janet Stoll-Lee.
Officers arrested Reedy late last week after a short car chase at the Harlan Ranch development in Clovis.
Investigators spent much of their time outside of this home which they say had been targeted by Reedy multiple times.
Next door neighbors did not want to talk on camera, but claim to have discouraged Reedy from stealing.
Police are especially crediting one alert neighbor with a video camera for helping them catch him.
"The man saw him on video and one of his colleagues from Leo Wilson Homes and then went and tried to actually stop him from getting away. But he was able to swerve around their vehicles and that's when officers caught up with him a little bit later on." said Stoll-Lee.
"My thought was you know that's great. It's great to live in a neighborhood where neighbors are looking out for each other." said Katia Combe.
Katia Combe and her two sons live a just few houses away.
News of Reedy's arrest surprised her but she's not troubled by the criminal activity.
"You know it was alarming. You never like to hear that something happening that close to your house. But it's ok because I still feel safe." added Combe."
Reedy is facing multiple felony counts including residential burglary and receiving stolen property.
We're told most of the stolen items have been returned to their owners.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, crimetracker, burglary, local, tommy tran
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos