Fresno Restaurant Week offers local food at a good value
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A two and a half week effort to get people to dine out kicked off in Fresno Monday. Two dozen local restaurants are participating in this year's "Fresno Restaurant Week," offering three course meals for a discounted price.
The staff at Limon has been cooking up Peruvian specialties for three years. Ana Castillo said the restaurant not only fulfills her family's American dream, it also offers a unique dining experience. "I always say, 'Here in Fresno, you can find everything you can find in big cities... So why drive three hours to San Francisco or three hours to L.A., when you can find everything in Fresno?," said Castillo.
Castillo said Restaurant Week does double duty, showcasing the dining options offered in Fresno, while hopefully bringing in new customers. Two dozen Fresno area restaurants are participating, offering three course meals from $7 to $33 dollars. Other participating restaurants include Ovidio's, Max's, and The Elbow Room. There, the $25 dollar menu came as a pleasant surprise to Murray Wise, was is visiting Fresno from Naples, Florida. "It's just a really great idea, three courses for 25 dollars. I was on the verge of spending more than that, quite frankly," said Wise.
Though it's called "Restaurant Week," the event actually runs through August 31st. At Limon, Jenny and Steve Rocca of Easton said they may have found a new favorite restaurant... but they still have two and a half weeks to find out what else is available. "I think it's great. It's a great way to expose some of the local restaurants and try some of the different food and see what's out here in Fresno," said Jenny Rocca.
For menus, pricing and a complete list of restaurants, go to friba.org.
fresno, fresno county, consumer
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 16 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 52 min ago
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire