Fresno County Sheriff raids Centerville marijuana collective
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies shut down a medical marijuana collective after a sting on the first day of school at nearby Centerville Elementary.
Deputies also raided Becker's Sanger home and seized about 500 plants with a street value estimated at more than a million dollars.
Sheriff Margaret Mims says Becker sold pot to undercover officers, even though she isn't their primary caregiver.
The business' landlord says he thought "Herbal Solutions" was operating within the law despite the proximity to a school.
Jason Stoddard said, "How the sales are handled, I don't exactly know what's legal and what's not and I'm not sure anybody in the state of California does, but the people come in, they purchase what they purchase, and they leave."
Sheriff Mims says, if the collective reopens, they'll face more trouble. This is the sixth of 17 Fresno County collectives raided by sheriff's deputies.
centerville, fresno county, crimetracker, medical marijuana, marijuana, sheriff margaret mims, fresno county sheriff department, local, corin hoggard
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty 7 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos