Cars get free smog test at Fresno Fairgrounds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of car owners took advantage of the chance to get their vehicles smog-checked for free Saturday.
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District hosted "Tune In, Tune Up," a free smog testing at the Fresno Fairgrounds. The first 525 people who showed up at the fairgrounds got to have their cars checked out at no cost.
It's an effort to get polluting vehicles repaired and help clean up the Central Valley's air.
"It's an opportunity for people to get their vehicle emissions checked. If they fail their emissions screen then we give them a $500 coupon that's good for vehicle emissions work at a qualified Gold Shield station," Tom Nox said.
Organizers say the event was a hit with car owners.
The had more than the maximum numbers of cars before Noon and had to turn away some drivers.
fresno county, fresno, auto, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial 25 min ago
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30