Interior Department approves Madera Co Casino
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The North Fork Rancheria of Mono Indians is moving closer to achieving its goal of opening a casino in Madera County.
On Friday the Interior Department gave approval for the proposed Indian casino about four miles north of Madera on Highway 99 near Road 23 and Avenue 18.When completed it would hold 2,500 machines and a 200 room hotel.
But construction can't begin yet. The tribe still needs Governor Brown to sign off on the plan. He has up to a year to make a decision.
madera, madera county, local
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 45 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder 47 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures 13 min ago
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt