Big bargains at the Big Fresno Fair
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The Big Fresno Fair is one week away and some of the best discounts are only available before the fair begins.
On Wednesday, a steady stream of people showed up to purchase season passes. "It's cheaper after you get in two or three times. You save money on it as opposed to paying regular price every time you come in," said Luis Franco of Clovis.
Season passes are $25 but only available through October 4. The same goes for discounted tickets and carnival wristbands. "Some of our very best deals are available before fair. We have Save Mart and FoodMaxx $2 off tickets at locations throughout Fresno. We have unlimited carnival ride wristbands. If you come to our box office you can purchase those for up to $10 dollars off," said Lauri King, the Deputy Manager of the Big Fresno Fair.
Daily discounts are also back this year. Both Wednesdays, carnival rides will be $1. On "Two Dollar Tuesday," admission will be $2 with a receipt from Save Mart or Food Maxx.
The popular "Feed the Need" food drive is also back this year. On Thursday, October 13, admission is free with four cans of food. Last year, the fair collected 112,000 pounds of food for Community Food Bank and the Salvation Army.
Captain Dwaine Breazeale with the Salvation Army said the fair's food drive is extremely helpful as they deal with an increased need and a dwindling food supply. "Last year we wouldn't have made it to this point and time had we not had the food from the fair last year," said Breazeale.
big fresno fair, fresno, fresno county, entertainment, amanda perez
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos