Sheriffs investigate Dinuba home invasion and shooting
DINUBA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County investigators are looking into whether medical marijuana was the reason for a violent home invasion.
Sheriff's investigators were called to a house near Dinuba Monday night. Deputies say at around 11pm -- two men knocked on the door claiming their car broke down.
Four people were inside the house at the time. When one of them opened the door, the suspects forced their way inside and started fighting with a man in the home. The suspects then shot him in the leg and then left. Deputies say medicinal marijuana was found inside the home but they're not sure if the suspects were trying to steal it.
Sgt. Chris Douglass said, "There wasn't enough medical marijuana in the home to warrant an indoor grow site or anything of that nature and the person did have a recommend at their site as well so we're not sure if those two are connected but there was medicinal marijuana in the home."
The victim is still in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds. Deputies are asking anyone with information on the suspects to call them immediately.
shooting, home invasion, crimetracker, dinuba, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 6 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations