Clovis man wins a million bucks on lottery scratcher
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis man's life has changed with a simple scratch. He bought a winning one million dollar lottery ticket at University Market on Shaw Avenue near Willow in Clovis.
The California Lottery Board says the winner is a self-employed father of one. He plans to put his money in the bank and then go from there. The scratcher costs $10 dollars. Employee Martin Lee sold the winning ticket.
"He scratched it and looked and said you got to be joking, you got to be kidding. He just doesn't believe it," said Lee. After that he started getting red and shaking, he was so happy!"
The store will get a five-thousand dollar bonus for selling the lucky ticket.
lottery, clovis, fresno county, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos