New Years Eve Pow Wow in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 40 American Indian tribes from across the continent took part in a pow wow in Downtown Fresno Saturday night.
The annual New Year's Eve Red Road Pow Wow started at 10 a.m. Saturday morning at the Fresno Convention Center and continues until 1 a.m. It features dance performances by tribes from different regions of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Organizers say it's a place for families to celebrate their culture in a sober setting on New Year's Eve. It's also a way to support American Indian veterans. The event includes traditional warrior ceremonies in their honor.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 39 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos