Dog saves kids from snake in Australia
A courageous family dog is being called a hero after he sprang into action to protect two girls from a snake.
The dog's name is River and he wasted no time when he saw the reptile headed straight for 7-year-old Michelle and her 2-year-old sister. The girls had been playing on their swing set when River spotted the snake near them, and attacked.
Michelle said, "River came bursting out and jumped on the snake."
River suffered a paralyzing bite from the snake but was been treated and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions