Jose Ramirez on his way to Olympic qualification
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Central Valley teenager Jose Ramirez is on the verge of representing the red, white and blue at the Olympics this summer.
The 19-year-old boxer from Avenal is the reigning national champion in the lightweight division, but he needed two wins this week to earn his ticket to London.
Jose Ramirez got the first of those wins Monday with a late knockout in a last-chance qualifying tournament. Wednesday, he'll face a Canadian contender, with his Olympic berth on the line.
avenal, kings county, sports, corin hoggard
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos