Family: Man starts fires over divorce
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County fire investigators are trying to determine if a man angry over a pending divorce caught two homes on fire.
Fire crews responded to a home on Del Rey near American around 11 p.m. Friday night. Family members told Action News a man caught two homes on fire as retaliation for divorce proceedings.
Everyone inside both homes got out safely, but there was significant smoke damage caused by the second fire.
Firefighters would only say that they responded to two fires last night. Investigators have not determined a cause for either, but they have not ruled out arson.
del rey, fresno county, sanger, selma, fire, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks