HWY 99 crash causes freeway to close in Madera Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital after a car accident that shut down part of HWY 99 Wednesday night.
The California Highway Patrol says a Ford Mustang overturned after it hit a big rig on Highway 99 near Avenue 18 1/2 in Madera County.
Part of 99 was shut down for about an hour as a helicopter landed to airlift the driver of the Mustang. He was taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno.
There is no word on his condition. No one else was injured in the accident.
The C.H.P. says they believe the driver had been speeding and under the influence at the time of the accident.
madera county, accident, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 5 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos