HWY 99 crash causes freeway to close in Madera Co
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital after a car accident that shut down part of HWY 99 Wednesday night.
The California Highway Patrol says a Ford Mustang overturned after it hit a big rig on Highway 99 near Avenue 18 1/2 in Madera County.
Part of 99 was shut down for about an hour as a helicopter landed to airlift the driver of the Mustang. He was taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno.
There is no word on his condition. No one else was injured in the accident.
The C.H.P. says they believe the driver had been speeding and under the influence at the time of the accident.
madera county, accident, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW