Atwater man dead after shooting, crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Atwater have a mystery on their hands, but it's unclear if it's a murder mystery or an accident.
Officers got a call about shots being fired around 1:30 Sunday morning in the area of Bellevue and Determine Streets.
As they were heading to the area, they found a car that had crashed about a half block away at Bellevue and Muir.
The driver of the car was dead and had been shot in the torso. It's still unclear weather he was killed by the crash or the gunshot.
The victim has only been identified as a 33-year-old man. An autopsy is expected to be completed tomorrow.
atwater, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 37 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow