Atwater man dead after shooting, crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Atwater have a mystery on their hands, but it's unclear if it's a murder mystery or an accident.
Officers got a call about shots being fired around 1:30 Sunday morning in the area of Bellevue and Determine Streets.
As they were heading to the area, they found a car that had crashed about a half block away at Bellevue and Muir.
The driver of the car was dead and had been shot in the torso. It's still unclear weather he was killed by the crash or the gunshot.
The victim has only been identified as a 33-year-old man. An autopsy is expected to be completed tomorrow.
atwater, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 55 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week