Atwater man dead after shooting, crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Atwater have a mystery on their hands, but it's unclear if it's a murder mystery or an accident.
Officers got a call about shots being fired around 1:30 Sunday morning in the area of Bellevue and Determine Streets.
As they were heading to the area, they found a car that had crashed about a half block away at Bellevue and Muir.
The driver of the car was dead and had been shot in the torso. It's still unclear weather he was killed by the crash or the gunshot.
The victim has only been identified as a 33-year-old man. An autopsy is expected to be completed tomorrow.
atwater, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 1 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses