Kaweah Delta Mental Health worker arrested for sexual assault
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia police arrested Timothy Pohl, 29, after two female patients came forward accusing him of sexual assault.
Pohl worked as a mental health worker at Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital in Visalia.
One of his patients reported him to police on Monday after being discharged from the hospital. Another patient came forward the next day.
"During the launch of the investigation, we received a second report," Amy Watkins with the Visalia Police Department said. "Those are the only two so far. We do believe there is a third victim, we're trying to track that down now and the potential for additional victims is there."
Kaweah Delta released a statement saying: "Once the patient alerted mental health staff of the allegation, our staff took immediate action and assisted the patient in making a formal report to police. We've taken this allegation very seriously and have terminated the employee involved."
Pohl has been booked into the Tulare County jail and faces multiple sexual assault charges.
crimetracker, sex crimes, visalia, kaweah delta medical center, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case