Large pot bust east of Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the South Valley uncovered a large marijuana grow in Tulare County.
Deputies say over 2,500 plants were found east of Porterville on Avenue 146 near Road 278 Thursday afternoon.
A number of the plants were 15 feet high and heavy machinery had to be used to remove them.
Deputies say eight people were taken into custody and could face several charges. They also say methamphetamine and heroin were found on the property.
drug bust, marijuana, tulare county, porterville, local
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 53 min ago
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 47 min ago
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary