Oakhurst storage units damaged by fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fast-moving fire in Oakhurst burned through several storage units Saturday morning.
It started just after 6:30 a.m. at Art's Mini Storage on Stage Coach Road near Highway 49.
Cal Fire and the Madera County Fire Department both sent engines to the scene.
The flames spread through a through a common attic and damaged a total of nine storage units.
"It's sad. Some of it I think insurance will not cover. There's some antiques in a couple of the units and it looks like they've been extensively damage, if not destroyed. There's not a lot that survived the fire," Art's Mini Storage Manager Roger Schneider said.
"On a Labor Day weekend, this is not the way most people wanted to start off their morning, but we're very fortunate that nobody was injured and many of the storage units did not receive any damage," Cal Fire Battalion Chief Nick Schuler said.
Fire investigators say the property has security cameras that may help them figure out how the blaze started. The dollar amount of the damage is not yet known.
oakhurst, madera county, fire, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 14 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos