Fresno police chase ends in Clovis crash
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A police pursuit in Fresno ended in a crash in Clovis on Sunday afternoon. Authorities arrested the suspect after the crash at Herndon and Minnewawa.
Police are now trying to investigate whether alcohol or drugs played a factor in the high speed chase that ended in Clovis.
Police said around 2 p.m. Sunday, they got a call from the parents of Chan Scott asking for police to check on him. When they arrived at the home, Scott stopped by the home briefly, and then left.
About an hour later the suspect showed up at the headquarters of the Fresno Police Department and tried to side-swipe a police car. That triggered a chase that sped through South Fresno, Highway 180, and Highway 168 and ended in Clovis.
"At one point the individual sped up and he attempted to go head on with one of the officers in a vehicle that was coming the other direction. He swerved from his traffic lane, into the oncoming traffic lane, and forced our police officer in his vehicle off of the roadway, on to the side of the street," said Lieutenant John Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Officers said another car was impacted during the chase, but no one was seriously hurt. Chan Scott has since been taken into custody.
clovis, fresno county, high speed chase, local, mariana jacob
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies