China Peak partially opens Friday
CHINA PEAK, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of skiers and snow boarders took to the slopes at China Peak on what is now being dubbed "White Friday." The park partially opened Friday morning with nearly two feet of machine-made snow.
Mother Nature hasn't kicked in yet so none of the lifts are open this weekend, but managers built a jib park with a few different features to give skiers and snowboarders of all levels a chance to reacquaint themselves with the sport.
"How does it feel to be back up here? It feels great," Graham Gray said. "It's been way to long of a summer so I think everyone is really happy to be on snow again."
There were also quite a few first timers on the mountain as the park offered private lessons to those who wanted to learn. It will be open again Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
china peak, local, linda mumma
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 41 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
46 min ago