Oscars 2013: My Picks Official Oscar Ballot
LOS ANGELES -- The 2013 Oscars ceremony takes place on Feb. 24. Think you can guess who will take home the gold?
Check out the interactive My Picks 2013 Official Oscar Ballot. My Picks is an interactive and social Oscar ballot that also integrates with Facebook and allows users to pick who they think will win the Oscar in each award category.
The award categories and nominees will appear on the My Picks ballot and users can view videos about the nominees and categories. When a user starts making their picks, they will be prompted to authorize the My Picks app with Facebook to begin playing.
Once the user has authorized My Picks, they'll be able to save their picks and see a list of their friends who are also playing. On the day of the Oscars, voting will close just prior to the awards show and the My Picks experience will shift to reveal winners as they're announced and update the users' scores along with the show.
Users who miss the voting cut-off will be able to see the nominees and winners in each category, but they will not be able to play. Once the last winner is announced, the final scores will be tallied and users will be able to compare their scores with their friends.
academy awards, entertainment
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident