Matt Mueller Memorial Blood Drive at Buchanan High
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Buchanan High School in Clovis are kicking off a life-saving event on campus. The Matt Mueller Memorial Blood Drive starts Wednesday and runs through Thursday.
The blood drive is in honor Matt Mueller of BHS' first activities director and originator of the blood drive who passed away in September 2000.
This year's event will take place January 23-24 in the Multi-Purpose Room at Buchanan High, 1560 N. Minnewawa in Clovis. For the first time in the blood drive's history, students will be able to donate during the school day from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The blood drive will be open to the public both days from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Donors must be at least 16 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds be in good health.
clovis, fresno county, local, amanda venegas
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos