Matt Mueller Memorial Blood Drive at Buchanan High
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Buchanan High School in Clovis are kicking off a life-saving event on campus. The Matt Mueller Memorial Blood Drive starts Wednesday and runs through Thursday.
The blood drive is in honor Matt Mueller of BHS' first activities director and originator of the blood drive who passed away in September 2000.
This year's event will take place January 23-24 in the Multi-Purpose Room at Buchanan High, 1560 N. Minnewawa in Clovis. For the first time in the blood drive's history, students will be able to donate during the school day from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The blood drive will be open to the public both days from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Donors must be at least 16 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds be in good health.
clovis, fresno county, local, amanda venegas
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 14 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 40 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart