KMJ's Inga Barks placed on leave following Bakersfield arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Inga Barks, a radio commentator on KMJ AM 580 in Fresno, has been place on administrative leave following an arrest in Bakersfield last week.
According to a press release by Peak Broadcasting, who runs KMJ radio, Barks has been place on administrative leave pending the outcome of a Bakersfield Police criminal investigation and an internal inquiry by the company.
Peak Broadcasting said Barks is facing misdemeanor charges. They did not elaborate on the incident that prompted her arrest, and said they would not have any further comments until both investigations are complete.
The Bakersfield Californian reported on Monday that Barks was arrested on charges of drunk and disorderly conduct at The Marketplace shopping center in Bakersfield. Michaela Beard with the Bakersfield Police Department said when officers arrived, Barks was displaying signs of intoxication and was uncooperative.
Barks told the Bakersfield Californian she had an adverse reaction to medications and was not driving at the time.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this story.
fresno, fresno county, bakersfield, kern county, entertainment
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 15 hurt 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo