Oregon State Univ. integrates college beer courses
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Oregon State University is offering beer courses that include in-class lessons at the campus brewery in Corvallis.
The Gazette-Times reports the classes are for professional and hobby brewers seeking to refine their technical skills.
The lead instructor is professor and fermentation scientist Tom Shellhammer, who designed the curricula after consulting with industry leaders.
The first course starts May 15 with two days of online instruction on microbiology to be completed by June 10. It will be followed by in-class lessons at OSU's brewery June 17-18 in Corvallis.
The second class focuses on beer analysis and also starts May 15. Students must complete online lessons by June 10. Then they can take on-campus instruction at OSU's brewery June 19-20.
The classes are each limited to 24 students.
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks 25 min ago
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course 8 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program 30 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic...
19 min ago
- Lawsuit filed after fight at Fresno's Elbow...
14 min ago
- Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
30 min ago