Valley again helping girl suffering from cancer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Valley is once again rallying around a young girl suffering from a rare brain cancer.
At only four years old, Abigail Grace Needham is in the middle of a tough fight against cancer but you wouldn't know it based on her playful spirit.
We first met Abby, and her piggy, back in 2011, a few months after she was diagnosed with pineoblastoma, and Madera High School offered its support in the form of cheers.
Her dad says the following year was a good one but two weeks ago, the family learned her cancer had returned and had spread.
"This may be one of the last few options we have medically. We're going to do everything we can to keep her happy, and everything we can to keep her alive," father Duncan Needham said.
For her fifth birthday, coming up later this month, Abby wants to go to Disneyland and the community has stepped up to make it happen. A website was created: angelshelpingabby.com.
A fundraiser is also planned for Saturday at Town and Country Park in Madera and already enough has been raised to grant that birthday wish.
"It just grew to something much further than that. It's all about support, compassion, love, and I think those things go further than money," Edward Gallegos of Good News Ministries said.
Organizers say the money raised will now go toward Abby's other medical expenses and the family couldn't be more grateful.
"We have small towns and we get them all together we forget about what's bad in the world and we remember what humanity is all about," Needham said.
The Valley, full of angels, helping Abby Grace.
madera, madera county, local, amanda perez
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 49 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon 9 min ago
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt