Visalia couple charged with severely beating a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Visalia couple has been charged with the severe beating of a three-year-old boy.
Desie Horton, 29, and Trevor Bishop, 30, both pleaded not guilty to the charges they face in the case.
Bishop is charged with assault and felony child abuse. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Visalia police believe Bishop beat the toddler last week at the home, he and Horton shared.
The child's mother is facing felony child abuse charges for failing to protect the boy, who remains in a coma and in critical condition.
crimetracker, court, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 41 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates