Visalia couple charged with severely beating a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Visalia couple has been charged with the severe beating of a three-year-old boy.
Desie Horton, 29, and Trevor Bishop, 30, both pleaded not guilty to the charges they face in the case.
Bishop is charged with assault and felony child abuse. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Visalia police believe Bishop beat the toddler last week at the home, he and Horton shared.
The child's mother is facing felony child abuse charges for failing to protect the boy, who remains in a coma and in critical condition.
crimetracker, court, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos