Visalia couple charged with severely beating a child
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Visalia couple has been charged with the severe beating of a three-year-old boy.
Desie Horton, 29, and Trevor Bishop, 30, both pleaded not guilty to the charges they face in the case.
Bishop is charged with assault and felony child abuse. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Visalia police believe Bishop beat the toddler last week at the home, he and Horton shared.
The child's mother is facing felony child abuse charges for failing to protect the boy, who remains in a coma and in critical condition.
crimetracker, court, visalia, tulare, tulare county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
4 min ago